Cleaning out your closet, whether for season changes or moving, doesn’t mean you to have get rid of your clothing. Storage can be an extension of your closet. Here are some tips for protecting your clothing in storage.
1. Wash or dry clean all clothing and jackets before storing. Dirt, oils, perfumes or stains on unclean clothing will attract many insects, especially in high temperatures.
2. Do not hang knit items. They can be misshaped and stretched beyond repair. Store knit items by folding them.
3. If storing socks, do not keep them rolled. This will lose the elasticity. Instead, store them by the laying them flat then folding them in half.
4. Keep clothes organized for easier transition. Store by type of clothes or by season and label your containers. This makes it easier to sort your clothes quickly.
5. Wardrobe boxes make storing clothes on hangers easy. Some clothes are better stored on hangers and these boxes make it efficient to store, while protecting your belongings.